Statement of Faith
You must first know who you are to help others find their identity. At Integrity Publishing, the Word of God is our final authority in every decision we make and is the foundation of who we are and on which we stand. We desire to help authors make an intentional impact for the Kingdom of God, and that means everything we publish must honor His Word first and foremost.
At Integrity Publishing, we believe:
1. The Holy Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God. It alone is the final authority in determining all doctrinal truths. (2 Timothy 3:16, Hebrews 4:12, Isaiah 55:11, Proverbs 30:5, John 17:17, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
2. We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, Genesis 1:26, Matthew 3:16-17, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Isaiah 44:6, John 10:30, Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection on the third day, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and that He will return to the earth again in power and glory to establish His Kingdom. This will occur at a date only known by the Father. (Matthew 1:18, Matthew 1:23-25, Mark 13:32, Luke 1:27-35, Luke 24:36-40, Luke 24:46-48, John 1:14, John 2:19-21, John 20:28, Colossians 2:9, 1 Timothy 3:16)
4. We believe man was created by God, but voluntarily chose to sin. All have sinned, and are born with a sinful nature. Redemption can only be found through Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus. Salvation is a gift, not earned by our good works. (Genesis 1:26-31, Genesis 3:1-7, Isaiah 45:18, 1 Timothy 2:5, Romans 3:23, Romans 3:10, Romans 5:12-21, Romans 6:23, Romans 5:8, Romans 10:9 -10, Romans 10:13, 1 John 4:9, John 3:16, Hebrews 9:22)
5. We believe that the blood Jesus shed on the cross of Calvary was sinless and 100% sufficient to cleanse mankind of all sin. He bore our sins on the cross so that we could be free from the penalty of sin, which is death. (Romans 3:10-12, John 1:29, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Colossians 1:20)
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. He was given at Pentecost, as a promise of the Father, sent by Jesus after His ascension, to empower the Church to preach the Gospel throughout the whole earth. We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit and that believers should desire these gifts to be active in their life. (Joel 2:28-29, Matthew 3:11, Mark 16:17, John 14:16-17, Acts 1:5, Acts 2:1-4, Acts 2:38-39, Acts 8:14-17, Acts 10:38, Acts 10:44-47, Acts 19:1-6, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6)
7. We believe in the resurrection of the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life, and those who are lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation. (Acts 24:15, 1 Corinthians 15:42-44, Philippians 3:21, 1 John 5:13, Matthew 25:46)
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. The church is the body of Christ, with divine appointments and God-given roles, in order to fulfill Jesus’ Great Commission. (Philippians 2:5-6, Ephesians 1:22, Ephesians 2:19-22, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Romans 11:29, Matthew 28:16-20)
9. We believe in the sacrament of water baptism, following faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We are to be baptized in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit – following the example of Jesus Christ. We believe in the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper, when elements representing the body and blood of the Lord Jesus Christ are taken in remembrance of Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross. (Matthew 28:19, Matthew 3:16-17, 1 Corinthians 10:16, 1 Corinthians 11:23-25, Mark 14:23)
10. We believe in the healing of the sick, and that it is His will that all be healed. It is part of Jesus’ work on the cross. (Psalm 103:2-3, Isaiah 53:5, Matthew 8:16-17, Luke 6:19, Acts 8:6-7, 1 Peter 2:24, James 5:14-16)
For God so [greatly] loved and dearly prized the world, that He [even] gave His [One and] only begotten Son, so that whoever believes and trusts in Him [as Savior] shall not perish, but have eternal life.
John 3:16, AMP
For the greatest love of all is a love that sacrifices all. And this great love is demonstrated when a person sacrifices his life for his friends.
John 15:13, TPT
Our stance on difficult issues:
At Integrity Publishing, it is our desire to always promote truth according to the Word of God, to the very best of our ability. It is the standard by which we measure the manuscripts we accept for our imprint. As such, we will not edit or publish anything that goes against our statement of faith or our interpretation of the Word of God.
The Word says, “Do not let unwholesome [foul, profane, worthless, vulgar] words ever come out of your mouth, but only such speech as is good for building up others, according to the need and the occasion, so that it will be a blessing to those who hear [you speak]” (Ephesians 4:29, AMP). Part of Integrity Publishing’s mission is to help authors create content that encourages their readers to grow in their relationship with God. As such, we will not publish or assist in publishing works with profane, degrading, inappropriate, racist, sexually suggestive, unwholesome content or any content that is against Scripture or our Statement of Faith.
Scripture is clear that marriage is between a man and a woman. Mark 10:6 says, “But from the beginning of creation God made them male and female” (AMP). His plan for humanity was to create people to reproduce themselves in a way that would allow generations to walk in a relationship with Him. While we are called to love everyone regardless of life choices, we are not called to promote a standard apart from His. Hebrews 13:1-4 says, “Let love of your fellow believers continue. Do not neglect to extend hospitality to strangers [especially among the family of believers-being friendly, cordial, and gracious, sharing the comforts of your home and doing your part generously], for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it. Remember those who are in prison, as if you were their fellow prisoner, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body [and subject to physical suffering]. Marriage is to be held in honor among all [that is, regarded as something of great value], and the marriage bed undefiled [by immorality or by any sexual sin]; for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous” (AMP).
Following Christ’s example, we do not stand to condemn those who have made sinful choices, John 8:11b says, “And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you either. Go. From now on sin no more” (AMP). But we will not bring honor or glory to sinful lifestyles by publishing works promoting “Gay Christians” or the homosexual lifestyle. The Word is clear in Romans 1:26-27 that these behaviors are degrading, vile, unnatural, and shameful. Romans 1:28 says, “And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or consider Him worth knowing [as their Creator], God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do things which are improper and repulsive” (AMP). The Word of God states that there are “appropriate penalties” for these behaviors, and Integrity Publishing will not accept manuscripts advocating sinful choices.
Those who have lived in homosexuality can be saved. It is not unpardonable. God loves everyone in the world (John 3:16). But those living in sin (Romans 3:23 tells us that all have sinned), must repent, give their life to Jesus Christ, and turn from those behaviors. The Word of God says, “He must correct those who are in opposition with courtesy and gentleness in the hope that God may grant that they will repent and be led to the knowledge of the truth [accurately understanding and welcoming it]” (2 Timothy 2:25, AMP).
Integrity Publishing’s official policy is that we love every person and desire them to come to know Jesus as Savior and walk in alignment with God’s Holy Word. Choosing to live a lifestyle contrary to the Word (as a practicing homosexual, living as husband and wife while unmarried, etc) is to live unrepentantly. Minimizing any sin is not a message we will promote or publish at Integrity Publishing. We publish for Christian authors. We do not publish Agnostic, Atheist, Buddhist, Mormon (LDS), Muslim, New Age, Neo-pagan, or Jehovah’s Witnesses doctrine, nor any other works not in this list that are out of line with our Statement of Faith and our interpretation of Scripture. Our mission is to help authors create content that inspires and encourages their readers to grow in their relationship with God and impact their world. This will only happen when we are creating content that is in line with God’s Word.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”
Isaiah 52:7, ESV